Re: KDE shortcut keys

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 08:30:59PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.
>
> I have up-to-date Debian6 w/ KDE 4.4.5. The problem is that I can not
> use shortcut keys - for clean experiment I did so under a new user - no
> effect. If it works in the named version, what I can do to make it
> working?

Try this. I might have done something already, but you could try it
and let me know.

- Suppose your program is accessible from the K Menu. Then right click
  on the K Menu, and choose "Menu Editor".

- Navigate to your program, and choose the "Advanced" tab.

- Set a shortcut key.

If this doesn't work, here's another method.

- Go to System Settings, and choose "Input Actions".

- Right click somewhere on the white space in the left section, and
  choose "New" -> "Global Shortcut" -> Command URL

- Fill out the "Trigger" and "Action" and you should be good to go!

HTH.

Kumar
--
I tried the clone syscall on me, but it didn't work.
		-- Mike Neuffer trying to fix a serious time problem