Re: Want to build new Debian PC. Is IDE interface gone?

On Monday 11 July 2011 12:57:51 am Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> A last PS ;).
>
> If you do office work and browse the Internet you might not need a
> 64 core CPU ;), so you could safe money to buy a new burner and you
> you also will safe money in the future, because you reduce the
> CPU's consumption.

Thanks for the advice Ralf. I've been building PCs since ....
hmmmm ..... a long time. (I don't want to enter the navel gazing
exercise of how long have you...)  I stopped keeping up a couple of
years ago and have been trying to catch up.  I spoke to the kind
folks at my local MicroCenter and the motherboard the person
recommended did not have an IDE interface.  I was surprised.

I wish I could predict what I will use the computer for.  Predictions
haven't worked out in the past.  I'm not a gamer, but if something
caught my interest.....I'm not into sound recording and production,
but when a series of radio programs hosted by Bob Dylan were
broadcast, I became very interested...etc. etc.

Thanks again,

Mark