Re: alternative to kaffeine?

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 21:29:46 +0200, lee wrote:
>
>> Yeah, and it's hard to figure out how to do what you want with it.  I
>> always used it for watching because it supports vdpau and had kaffeine
>> for recording only.
>
> (...)
>
> Yep, it's what I consider a jack-of-all-trades app :-)

It still seems to be the only one supporting vdpau.  Hm.  Perhaps I can
write an emacs mode for using mplayer; that would be an interesting
exercise to learn elisp.  Recording seems to be rather difficult,
though, and I'm not watching live tv anymore ...

> But now that I know it was not a dream¹, you can reconsider VideoLAN.
> Yes, it should be able to handle DVB-T² cards ;-)
>
> ¹http://wiki.videolan.org/Hardware_Compatibility_list
> ²http://wiki.videolan.org/How_to_Use_a_Capture_Card

Thanks for the pointers.  It seems pretty complicated.

--
html messages are obsolete