Re: Debian with HP ProLiant DL120 G7

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 12:19:24 -0400, shawn wilson wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2011 12:20 PM, "Camaleón" <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>> I also think so but one thing is getting it running and another one is
>> making use of server's specific features, like the RAID controller (if
>> present).
>>

> To me that is one in the same. No raid, no disk, no install. But, have
> no fear - you'll have a good idea how long the install is liable to take
> once you try to start the install. If you don't see any usable disks it
> might take a bit longer :)

If don't see any disk is when you start sweating :-P

> That said, I've never had a problem with ProLiant boxes. Though I don't
> have hundreds of installs on them (probably 50+) of just 3 models
> (spanning the years)... I can tell you everything you might to know
> about the dl360. I've had tons of gripes about Dell hardware though.

Yep, that's what I said before: Debian seems to be in love with HP mid-
range/high-end HP racked Proliant servers (DL-3xxx and upwards). The
problem could be with their low-end models, but again, if no RAID setup
is in mind, HP makes a very good hardware, I agree.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón