Re: Debian Squeeze got frozen

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 09:10:07 +0700, Hoang Le wrote:

>> Try the ssh login. If you can still get through ssh, it can be a X
>> freeze. Also, disable the compiz stuff to see if you get any
>> improvement.
>

> I reset my PC already and currently I don't know how to reproduce that
> bug. Actually that bug doesn't occur so often that I can actively
> observe, just about 3-4 times
> since I installed Debian Squeeze.

Wait until it happens again. When it freezes, try the SSH login.

> Plus, I do want to enjoy Compiz, I don't want to get rid of it just to
> avoid that bug :(

Oh... okay, but how about is compiz is the culprit? You prefer an
unstable desktop than 3D effects? >:-)

Disabling Compiz is just for testing, if we find it to be the culprit for
your freezes you can then take another approach rather than disabling it
(upgrading Compiz, try with another VGA driver...).

If disabling Compiz makes no difference, then the problem lies in another
place.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón