Re: A smaller iso

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:55:07 +0530, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

On Vi, 08 iul 11, 06:46:13, nikhil jain wrote:
[snip problem already solved]

Most importantly I want the installer to have the option to install
the bootloader to the partition itself  and not the MBR. when I
tried w32 installer it didn't gave me the option.

When the installer asks "Do you want to install Grub to MBR" (or
something like that) just answer "No". You will then be given a choice
of which drive or partition to install to.

It's possible the above question does not appear in a normal install,

with the w32 loader it doesn't. I think

you might want to use expert mode or just use the "Back" button, it will
take you to a menu with all installer steps and as far as I recall
switches you to "expert" mode ;)

Regards,
Andrei

I don't think I'll be able to install with the expert mode...

The expert mode, however, really is for experts. Most of the time, a so-called expert mode is usually just a euphemism for "more options," but the Debian installer expert mode actually requires that the user have a decent understanding of the Debian installation process.

For example, after configuring networking and selecting the desired Debian repository, users are prompted to decide which installer components they would like to download. Many users will have no idea whether they need or want to use the "esoteric CDROM drivers," "EVMS module for debian-installer," or if they should load the "debconf preseed module."

What other option do I have?