Re: help ! nvidia driver and X

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 00:42:57 -0400
William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:

First problem I found - still had an nvidia modules installed, and didn't realize it.  so I purged nvidia* and rebooted.

> Have you tried running it without a config file? Why are you running X as root?

I was running X as root simply to config & test.

thank you ! I forgot about the old run it without a config file trick.  that did it.

> Try disabling the drm driver in xorg.conf if that doesn't work, and maybe post
> your xorg.conf here

It's working using the nouveau driver.  3D ain't so hot, but I don't care about that right now.

it's the strangest thing though, Xorg -configure still fails.

Thanks again,

Brian