Re: aptitude GUI shows strange messages

On 2011-07-07 13:51 +0200, Alberto Luaces wrote:

> Sven Joachim writes:
>
>> I'm not sure if anyone is
>> looking at aptitude's bugs these days, though.
>
> Where is the development gone, then?

I don't know the details, but Daniel seems to be a bit overworked (busy
with real life problems?), judging by the lack of activity.  And since
aptitude is essentially a one-man project…

Anyway, you could ask on the aptitude-devel mailing list
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/aptitude-devel/).

> I ask just in case there is a new
> "big thing" to be aware of when handling packages.

There is nothing new currently, but with a multiarch enabled dpkg¹, and
when you choose to enable (say) both i386 and amd64 architectures,
aptitude has a few rather serious usability issues (actually I'm a bit
surprised that it works at all in such a setup).

Sven

¹ http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation#Using_multiarch