Re: cloning a lvm crypto volume to a bigger disk

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
> Colin:
>>
>> I don't remember the specifics when I did the install but here's what I got:
>
> Thanks. Now please add the output of 'pvs', 'lvs'. And just to make
> sure: you only want to move the encrypted volume to the new disk and
> keep the old one?

I want to move the crypto volume to new disk so I can use it and boot
from the new.
The old disk with the old crypto will be recycled to another machine.

$ pvs
  PV                     VG          Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
  /dev/mapper/sda5_crypt laptop lvm2 a-   465.52g    0
$ lvs
  LV   VG          Attr   LSize   Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  home laptop -wi-ao 45.38g
  root laptop -wi-ao 107.76g
  swap laptop -wi-ao   2.38g

--