Re: netstat performance

On Sb, 02 iul 11, 12:23:39, William Hopkins wrote:
> On 07/02/11 at 02:06pm, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Sb, 02 iul 11, 09:35:35, Erwan David wrote:
> > >
> > > That's what I do : I have unbound locally for recursive, and it caches
> > > for the local network + bind for authoritative.
> >
> > Not sure what "recursive" means [...]
[snip recursive explanation]

Thanks a lot for this explanation, DNS is still a bit like dark magic to
me :)

My understanding is that a recursive DNS server (especially one with
DNSSec support) would make sense in networks with more then just a
couple of devices, especially since you need a separate DHCP server
anyway. Of course, this doesn't account for the "I want to tinker"
factor ;)

Regards,
Andrei