Re: Squeeze and root in graphical mode

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Nicolas Bercher <nbercher@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> On 03/07/2011 10:25, alex.padoly@laposte.net wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to know if the root have a graphical environnement ?
>> I don't connect with login root with the password of root but in
>> terminal window I can connect me as root.
>> Regards.
>>
>> Alex PADOLY
>
> Probably because you have to authorize X connections to any other user:
>
>  xhost +
>
> before su as root (or whatever other user).
>
> Nicolas

Why don't I just paste my keys taped to my front door, while I'm at
it? Running "xhosst +" allows anyone to run X sessions on that same X
server behind your back, including shells with keystroke recording,to
grab your passwords, or my personal favorite, the "xroach" program to
hide cockroach icons behind your windows and make them scurry for
cover when a window moves.

The shrieks from the programmer I'd warned about this security hole
echoed down the hall and got me in professional trouble....