Re: disk problems: which ATA?

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 11:25:18 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:

> How can I tell which ata device is which hard drive?  It's come up
> several times for me, most recently with ata2.00: exception Emask 0x0
> SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen

(...)

You can:

- Run "smartctl -i /dev/sdb | grep -i model"
- Then "dmesg | grep -i ata2"
- To finally compare by hdd model :-)

As per the error itself, you can use the manufacturer hard disk
diagnostic tools which uses to run from a LiveCD and will provide
accurate results about your hdd health and status.

OTOH, I've also seen that kind of error coming from bad sata cable or bad
sit connection to motherboard/disk. You may also check this.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón