Re: console screen

Hi,

Where did you find any info about this PAYLOAD_LINUX option? I have been
googling all morning to find a decent (debian) grub2 manual that lists all
the options?

I found it on the Arch wiki a *very*long* time ago.

"info grub" lists these variables in one of its sections (there's a
way of going straight to that section but I don't know it).

Ok, just found I made a basic error in thinking everyone would call the old version GRUB and the new one GRUB2. But.... not so the guys who are developing it. ;-)

They seem to call the old one GRUB legacy and the new one just GRUB. That means the documentation at http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html, which I have been disregarding as outdated, seems to be current. Of course it does not help that we call the new version GRUB2 and the documentation is for GRUB v1.99, which also led me to believe it was for the previous version. ;-)

Bonno