console screen

Hi,

After upgrading to squeeze and Grub2 my old line:
# defoptions=vga=791
in the menu.lst file is no longer relevant and I am supposed to do something with the /etc/default/grub file. In there it states:

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

If I set this at 1280x1024, which I know my server supports, will that roughly give me what I had?

Also, what is "real GRUB" where I can ise `vbeinfo' to see what my server supports?

Bonno Bloksma