Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Wednesday 29 June 2011 15:55:58 Camaleón wrote:

> > So we'll all have to switch to Lilo, which is still maintained.  (Or
> > should I say again??)
>
> Care when quoting... that was not me ;-)
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Sorry, Camaleón, it indeed wasn't.  It was Tom H.  I apologise.  You appear to
me to be arguing on the same side as I am.

I _like_ tried and tested.  I _like_ stable.  I upgrade my workhorse when
there is a good reason, and am rarely an early adopter.  Let other people
iron the bugs out.  Where I want to follow something new (e.g. Trinity) I do
it on a non-production machine.

GRUB 2 strikes me as great, except when it causes problems.  Too many people
report unbootable systems with GRUB 2, and it seems to be difficult to edit.
I would prefer to wait a little longer for it to settle down.

I dislike change for change's sake.  We have an ad running currently in this
country that makes me want to throw something at the television every time I
see it. :-(

This woman is bullyied/manoeuvered/tricked into getting a new Windows computer
which she needs, not because her old one has gracefully (or even less
gracefully) died, not because she is about to shoot and edit a complex bit of
cinematography and her computer isn't man [or woman, of course ;-)] enough,
not because there is any problem at all, but because her computer is 8 years
old.  There is nothing wrong with it.  It is 8 years old. So she needs a new
computer.  Ouch :-(

My computer is seven years old.  It appears a little memory challenged at the
moment.  I shall run memtest before I even think of upgrading the memory,
since one of the sticks might be faulty.  I have had a cursory look at
motherboards and motherboard bundles - but only briefly.

Lisi