Re: I have big problem choose corect distribution Debian

Jozef Dunajčan:

> I want Debian only command promt without grafics(X, window).
> Please help me choose Debian distribution.
> I have industrial computer:
> HDD: IDE 2GB
> CPU: 486 66MHz
> RAM: 64MB

The installer for i386 should work:
http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/debian-installer/

But keep in mind that a machine like yours is at the low end of the
supported spectrum:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch03s04.html.en

Depending on what you want to use the machine for, you may be better off
using something like Damn Small Linux or even OpenWrt. When using
Debian, you will have to tweak the system quite a bit to ensure it runs
as fast as possible.

J.
--
I start many things but I have yet to finish a single one.
[Agree]   [Disagree]