Re: CUPS printer prints garbage from VM (was: VM client can't access CUPS printer)

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:39:04 +0000 (UTC), I wrote:

> I have a Wheezy host with a USB CUPS printer (Xerox Phaser 6280DN) and a
> virtualbox XP client.  All of the software is up-to-date, including the vbox
> guest additions and extension pack.  The VM (client) accesses the CUPS
> printer but just prints a page of PostScript errors.  ...
>
> Q2. Any ideas how to get printing from the client to work?

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:05:55 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón replied:

> I would try with the PCL6 one, in windows it uses to work better and is
> faster than PS.

That did fix the problem.  I hadn't expected that the XP PS driver could work
for a local USB printer but not for a CUPS USB printer.  In any case I have
what I need now.  Thanks again.