Re: Copying a bootable CD

William Hopkins wrote:
On 06/28/11 at 08:39am, Martin McCormick wrote:
I have a bootable live CD of an out-dated version of a
specialized distribution of Debian called Vinux. I never saved
the ISO image and I now want to copy from the CDRW it is on to a
CDR to use as a rescue disk on systems that can not read CDRW's.

	The CDRW works fine so what is the best way to rip it
such that I end up with an ISO image I can burn to a CDR?

$ dd if=/dev/cdrom of=filename.iso bs=2048 conv=notrunc

then burn the ISO using your tool of choice (wodim, etc.)

you can also do this with cat:

cat /dev/cdrom > ~/image.iso