Re: Unread bug reports ?

On 25/06/11 03:36, Vecu BOSSEUR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is ~a week~ or more now that I filed two bug reports.
>
>   - Bug #630237 related to FUSE
>     ( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=630237 )
>   - Bug #630903 related to FUSECOMPRESS
>     ( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=630903 )
>
> I wondered if any single people caugth them !

People have responded to your posted bug...

> The one the most interesting to me is the FUSE bug.
>
> The other one really is not really a problem cauz' there's no solution
> : FUSECOMPRESS has always been a bullsh&t !

Please comply with the posting rules - ^ it's not prudishness, it's a
legal issue. If you can't control what you post and respect the rules
why should any one take the time to help you?

NO F*&&%^G swearing in this list. Ok? :-)
See:-
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct

> Have you been stricken by those bugs ?
>
> Don't hesitate to tell your experience.
>
> In hope this booster will prove useful.
>
> Regards,
> Valentin

1. Daniel Baumann might not work on the project full-time. He does not
appear to be paid for his work - so rudeness is not likely to motivate
him. Certainly there seems to be a lot of unresolved issues with that
particular project. Perhaps, if the issue is truly Debian, (not Ubuntu),
and you were to post the particulars here, some one might suggest a
solution.

2. The developer may have read and followed your bug report:-
which leads to this:-
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fuse/+bug/737457/comments/3
where you say "The problem seem to have disappeared."
You also state that you are running Ubuntu "I always use the same
ntfs-3g version 1:2010.8.8-0ubuntu1 ." So how is that a Debian problem.

3. Why post to Ubuntu when you say the problem is Debian? Don't make it
more confused than it has to be. You contradict yourself and cross-post,
which make it more difficult to help you.

4. Your second Debian bug report was responded to by the maintainer
(Ritesh Raj Sarraf). The polite thing to do is follow his advice and
remain patient.

4. Your failure to observe the established conventions hardly
constitutes an emergency on anyone's part.

Cheers

--
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullsh#t. We're a
virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.