Re: [Ask] My screen suddenly got froze

Hi AG,
It happened after I login to KDE session. I've figured it out, my card is broken. Thanks for your reply.

Greetings,

Marco

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:14 AM, AG <computing.account@googlemail.com> wrote:
On 14/06/11 13:46, Morning Star wrote:
Hi guys,
I have a problem about my cpu. After 15 minutes or more using debian squeeze in KDE display manager, my screen suddenly got froze. I can't move my mouse's cursor and can't type anything on my keyboard. caps lock and num lock lamp wasn't responding. I had to reset my PC, then selecting the same OS to boot, and then I happened again after that. It happened like this: BOOT --> X-SESSION --> FREEZE --> RESET --> REBOOT --> X-SESSION --> FREEZE --> .........
Here are my specifications:
OS : Debian Squeeze
my kernel : 2.6.32-5-686
my VGA card : GeForce 6600 LE
my video driver : NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  195.36.31
My**Xorg.0.log : http://pastebin.com/Xr5kV4Rf
My Xorg.0.log.old : http://pastebin.com/UctMDRv5

It frequently happens after i installed my video driver using NVIDIA kernel module 195.36.31. When I used nouveau driver, same thing happened again. Is that a OS problem or hardware problem? I'm sick about this endless freeze. Please help me.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

Marco

Can you please clarify for me: this happens *after* you have already logged into your KDM and are using the machine, or *before* - i.e. preventing you from logging on in the first place.  If the latter, then please see my posts from earlier this week.  If the former, then I think the suggestions already made are more likely to be helpful.

Cheers

AG