Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Jun 23, 2011, at 9:42 AM, Camaleón wrote:

> Yesterday I had to perform an new install with the latest wheezy snapshot
> (weekly CD#1 image).
>
> Some thoughs while dealing with the expert install...
>
> 1/ I could only get grub-pc, no more questions about installing GRUB
> legacy or select the new version... is that right? I thought GRUB2 is
> still an ongoing project, quite stable but still getting many
> enhancements.

Same here, except I installed squeeze (netinst CD downloaded 3 or 4 days ago). I was surprised to see only GRUB2 available.

> Point 1/ worries me a bit, because GRUB2 was not going to be my preferred
> option for wheezy...

This is a server, not a gaming console, that I'm loading up. And I have to admin it via SSH from 1K miles away. I'd really like to be able to use the hopelessly antiquated, but known working, GRUB legacy.

Squeeze maintainers, Did I not see something I should have? Is GRUB2 in good enough condition that it can be used on production servers? Is the next CD going to have GRUB legacy available?

--
Glenn English