Re: Segfault on grub update

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I've looked at it, but it doesn't seem to apply to me - the poster in question is running LVM, whereas mine is a straight-up ext4 partition on a single HDD (I have 2 md arrays, but those are for data storage only).

In any case, I did try a dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc, but the same segfault still came up. It was after the dpkg-reconfigure failed that I tried to manually trigger the grub-update / grub-install on my own, but those didn't work too...

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:43:50 +0800, titantoppler wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Syslog has this to say:
>> > Jun 20 20:34:59 argon kernel: [ 8265.445561] grub-probe[31617]:
>> > segfault at 14 ip 08077f0a sp bfd40b00 error 4 in
>> > grub-probe[8048000+3d000]
>> >
>> > Tried to uninstall and reinstall grub2 + grub-pc (stupid, now I don't
>> > dare to reboot the computer), but no dice - grub2 refuses to
>> > configure because of grub-pc, grub-pc still segfaults.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Any side effects? Is the computer bootable? If you can't boot from your
>> own GRUB, you could use any livecd rescue disk and boot from there
>> unless it's a remote system.
>>
>> If the segfault it's still reproducible, I would report it.

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I rebooted, and as expected, grub threw up an error - "error: symbol not
> found: 'grub_divmod64_full' "

(...)

Hey, Google finds something for that ugly error:

(specially comment #20, check if that helps)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón