e4rat broken; ext4_fiemap to be fixed any time soon?

Hi,

After updating a Squeeze system today (hadn't done so for a while), I
find that e4rat (http://e4rat.sourceforge.net/) is broken because it
needs the FS_IOC_FIEMAP ioctl, which is intentionally broken by a kernel
patch dated March 15: ext4-Disable-FS_IOC_FIEMAP-ioctl.patch.

Now, the comment in that patch says, "A fix is pending, but until that
has been well-tested let's disable it."  So I'm just wondering, how long
do we have to live with the current EOPNOTSUPP behavior before that fix
is applied?

More info about the e4rat problem here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/e4rat/forums/forum/1392080/topic/4573412.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.