no keyboard in xorg after the change of runlevel

Hello,

I discovered a problem with Xorg recently. When I change
the runlevel to single-user mode (i.e. to 1) and then back
to multi-user mode (i.e. to 2) and start the X server
again, my keyboard doesn't work anymore under X. The same
happens if I boot directly into runlevel 1 and then change
it to 2.

I compared the Xorg logs that were generated with and
without the problem, i.e. after the runlevel change and
without the runlevel change (the log produced after the
direct boot to runlevel 2). The log with the .old suffix
is the problematic one generated after the runlevel
change. The result was following:

# diff Xorg.0.log Xorg.0.log.old
16c16
< (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Jun 18 19:34:22 2011
---
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Jun 18 19:32:14 2011
693,718c693,707
< (II) config/udev: Adding input device Mouseemu virtual keyboard
(/dev/input/ev
ent14)
< (**) Mouseemu virtual keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard
catchall"
< (**) Mouseemu virtual keyboard: always reports core events
< (**) Mouseemu virtual keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event14"
< (II) Mouseemu virtual keyboard: Found keys
< (II) Mouseemu virtual keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
< (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouseemu virtual keyboard"
(type: K
EYBOARD)
< (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
< (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
< (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,cz"
< (**) Option "xkb_options" "grp:shift_toggle"
< (II) config/udev: Adding input device Mouseemu virtual mouse
(/dev/input/event
15)
< (**) Mouseemu virtual mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
< (**) Mouseemu virtual mouse: always reports core events
< (**) Mouseemu virtual mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event15"
< (II) Mouseemu virtual mouse: Found 3 mouse buttons
< (II) Mouseemu virtual mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
< (II) Mouseemu virtual mouse: Found relative axes
< (II) Mouseemu virtual mouse: Found x and y relative axes
< (II) Mouseemu virtual mouse: Configuring as mouse
< (**) Mouseemu virtual mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
< (**) Mouseemu virtual mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4,
EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
< (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouseemu virtual mouse"
(type: MOUSE)
< (II) Mouseemu virtual mouse: initialized for relative axes.
< (II) config/udev: Adding input device Mouseemu virtual mouse
(/dev/input/mouse2)
< (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)
---
> (II) Power Button: Close
> (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
> (II) Video Bus: Close
> (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
> (II) Sleep Button: Close
> (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
> (II) HP Webcam [2 MP Fixed]: Close
> (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
> (II) CHICONY USB Keyboard: Close
> (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
> (II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Close
> (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
> (II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"
> (II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Close
> (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"

I don't know why the Mouseemu virtual keyboard isn't detected
in the problematic log, but it shouldn't be the cause of the
problem (maybe another consequence). I use the Mouseemu
daemon to emulate the right and middle button clicks by key
presses because my touchpad doesn't work as it should
and it works fine. It's also properly stopped/started
after the runlevel change.

I suppose that the problem is that the evdev module (generic
input driver module) gets unloaded at the end for some reason.

Have anybody met similar problem before? Or can anybody give
me a clue how to solve this problem? I'm asking before
filing a new bug under the xserver-xorg-input-evdev package.

Lukas