Re: Is there any valid reason to add a script that only cause a PITA? Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1172

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:46:18 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

(...)

> I would welcome, if more people would use Linux instead of Microsoft and
> Apple, at least for audio productions. I don't think it's possible to
> use Linux for professional video productions at the moment. At least
> some coders claim that it will take a long time until this will be
> possible.

That's an unbelievable claim.

Most of the render farms and multimedia clusters are using linux not only
to perform the intensive tasks but also in their workstations.

> Anyway, using audio is possible, but with many, many problems and those
> problems should be eliminated.

And the problem you refer can be eliminated within seconds...

> The more audio users, the more vendors of professional audio cards
> would take care about Linux.

What I still don't get is your interest in making a default setting to
help only a limited set of users... Can you tell me why on earth a multi-
purpose linux distribution (like Debian is) should focus in a specific
area, like audio? You know, real-time kernels and tweaks for audio lovers
are the opposite of what a plain server needs ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón