Re: HELP: Number of CPU cores is not right

> Hi all,
>
> Now I have one more problem is that the OS cannot recognize the right
> number of CPU Cores. The OS is Debian_5.0.8_amd64.
>
> The computer OS running has 48-core CPU, but the OS now only can recognize
> 32-core of CPU.
> The kernel version is 2.6.26-2-amd64.
>
> I tried to update the version of the kernel, but failed.

  Not sure what you mean here, but if you upgrade the whole
business to "squeeze", you will solve your problem.

  The issue is that the Debian stock kernel is compiled
with a maximum CPU number of 32 in "lenny", but 512
in 64-bit "squeeze".

  Alternatively, you can rebuild your own kernel, starting
with the default config file but changing "CONFIG_NR_CPUS"
to 48 or more.

                            -- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net