Re: How can I install mozilla firefox opn Debian6 Squeeze

Putting back on list so that others can help!  (And converting to bottom
posting):

On Tuesday 14 June 2011 16:17:52 Md. Rafiqur Rahman wrote:
> It just run from my home directory but not installed. That means If I save
> a an html file from browser and open it again it shows the address like
> C://..............etc. same when I double click on the firefox script file
> it shows the address home..........and there is no icon on the program
> list. Actually it can be installed from the terminal. I've already try that
> method but it shows /etc/bin/bash/firefox missing like this type of error.
>
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 June 2011 14:54:39 Md. Rafiqur Rahman wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I'm very much new on Linux specially on Debian Linux. I know that
> >
> > icewaesel
> >
> > > build upon firefox but i don't like it to use. I want to use mozilla
> > > firefox on debian6 Squeeze. Do you know how to install it. I've
> > > allready download mozilla firefox and untar it. there is a script
> > > firefox on the directory. By double clicking firefox run from my home
> > > directory. But not installed. can you help me, please?
> >
> > It runs, but it is not installed??  Could you explain what you mean by
> > this.
> > What does it not do that you would wish it to do?  I would have thought
> > that
> > if it runs, you have what you wanted??

> It just run from my home directory but not installed. That means If I save
> a an html file from browser and open it again it shows the address like
> C://..............etc. same when I double click on the firefox script file
> it shows the address home..........and there is no icon on the program
> list. Actually it can be installed from the terminal. I've already try that
> method but it shows /etc/bin/bash/firefox missing like this type of error.

If I open a saved HTML file with Iceweasel (which is basically Firefox with
the branding removed) I get:
file:///home/lisi/Personal/orders/<notification>.html

So I still do not understand your problem.  Are you complaining that you have
not got an icon in the menu?  That is easily remediable, if you just tell us
what DE you are using.

I'm afraid that I can't understand what you are saying is missing, and I can't
understand what it would do (other than have an icon in the menu) differently
if it were "installed".

What do you get if you run:

$which firefox

??  Could you copy and paste the result.

Lisi