Re: Setting up networking on eth0

On Jo, 09 iun 11, 04:26:23, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using KDE on 6.0.0, knetworkmanager uses auto eth0 to get a DHCP
> address. I have added a wired connection for a static address, but

Added where, in Network Manager (NM)?

> each time i reboot it uses the auto eth0 and i want a static address.
> Here is my setup:

You posted your /etc/network/interfaces , but NM doesn't read
configurations from that file. First you need to decide if you need/want
NM. IMO it is not really useful for a desktop with a single connection,
but you didn't give more details.

If you go this way best is to completely purge all NM related packages
and go with the config posted by Lisi.

Regards,
Andrei