Re: unable to enumerate usb device on port 5

* Camale?n <noelamac@gmail.com> [2011-06-10 10:25:46 +0000]:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:04:00 +0530, Rohit Vaidya wrote:
>
> > I have just installed Debian Squeeze successfully. On boot up I get the
> > following message constantly dumped
> > on the console. Whenever I try to access the virtual terminal it gives
> > me the same message.
> > "Unable to enumerate usb device on port 5" . Even a dmesg shows the same
> > message being constantly dumped
> > on the terminal. What is the problem and how can we overcome this issue?
>
> JFYI, there have been similar reports on this list about that error:

> And there is also a bug report:

> What I don't know is if someone could finally solved the problem :-?

I noticed this as well last night when I had to reboot my Debian 6 laptop, I
hadn't noticed the error message before but it is dumped *a lot*, I could go
find out exactly how many times if necessary...