Re: [OT] Native Oberon

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 17:10 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > I experienced having a disk notcher at hand is very comfortable
> > http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/foto/cip/mix_disk_notcher_01.jpg
> >

> Bah.  A hand-held single-hole punch was good enough to turn a SS floppy
> into a DS.
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Single-hole-punch.jpg

:D

Btw. I guess if we would test 100 CDs and 5¼" discs, there would be more
CDs around 2 years old, than 5¼" discs around 25 years old, with data
loss. I could do such a test, but I won't do it. It's to much hassle to
get an old computer and drive working. Btw. I used a puncher for the
office
http://www.teenagewasteland.de/img/dekorativ/locher_schwarz_antik_gr.jpg
Save money + time by punching two discs at once :D.

A switch for the light barrier, a filigree one like those
http://view.stern.de/de/picture/1907793/SW-Bearbeitung-Schalter-alte-Technik-Hebel-Schaltkasten-Hebel-510x510.jpg
would be a smart solution.