Re: no java plugin for Wheezy browsers?

On 06/07/2011 07:50 AM, Camaleón wrote:
If the plugin package has been taken off, you will have to wait for its
restoration.

Hi, Camaleón.

Yes, thanks. I had sort of figured that, but I was hoping someone would have the "inside skinny" on just when we might see it again. Now that I think of it, I'd guess we won't see it until the new open-jdk version has migrated to Wheezy.

At the changelog for openjdk-6 we can read that the build for NetX and
the plugin has been stopped:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/o/openjdk-6/openjdk-6_6b18-1.8.7-5/changelog

Thank you for that link. Dummy that I am, I was just looking in the lists instead of where I should have looked.

Sorry for the noise!

Regards,
Gilbert