Re: [SOLVED] Lost network after lenny-to-squeeze upgrade

On 20110602_114715, Tom H wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> One pro-NM argument that I've seen is that dynamic configuration - a
> la udev - is the way that a modern OS should function. I don't see why
> a server would need dynamic configuration but that's more than likely
> the direction that we'll all end up going today or in a century.

Dynamic configuration of servers is a great boon to integrated
hardware/software suppliers who want to control their customers'
configurations. (What company doesn't want to control its customers?)
If not the supplier company, then some political authority. The allowed
configurations are/will be stored in the cloud where the customer/sysadmin
can't touch them or even know that they exist.

A scary paranoid thought. But paranoids can have friends who want to
protect them from the knowledge that they are not in control.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net