SLAPd upgrade woes

I recently upgraded to squeeze and found that the slapd configuration had been completely revamped. I was authenticating against a locally replicated copy of my directory behind a firewall. I was using anonymous binding for my own purposes and I want to continue using it that way. I don't really want to enter into a prolonged discussion of why I shouldn't. I just want to know if there is a simple way of reconfiguring under the new regime so that it will work the same way it did before.

Any Takers?