Re: Problems installing squeeze netinstall

At 11:33 AM 5/29/2011, William Hopkins wrote:
On 05/29/11 at 11:00am, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
> At 09:25 AM 5/28/2011, Rob Owens wrote:
> >On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 11:45:09AM -0400, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
> >> Dear list -
> >>
> >> It went nowhere w/ the full iso of squeeze [see my previous post
> >> "Difficulties installing squeeze"], so I moved on the netinst.  The
> >> CD runs perfectly until it gets to "Select and Install Software", at
> >> which point it hangs.  As far as I can tell, the CD is fine.  It was
> >> burned at a low speed, the MD5 sum of the file and the download
> >> matched and the CD was verified after burning.  I have tried
> >> changing the mirrors, to no avail.
>
> Can you ctl-alt-f1 or ctl-alt-f2 to see the output or open a
> terminal for troubleshooting? >>> Yes, but it is just scrolling and
> I cannot read it.

F1 should bring you to the output of the installer. A shame you cannot read it to see what is happening. Try heading over to f2 where you can open a terminal for troubleshooting. Test your network from there. Try to ps and see what is going on.

--
Liam

++++++++
Liam -

If it helps, I can get to a terminal with the rescue mode. I did that and updated [apt-get update && apt-get autoclean && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get autoremove]. When I boot, the system freezes at [ 8.824009] [<c010253c>] cpu_idle+0x19/0xcb

Help and advice, please.

Ethan