Compiz and Workspaces

Hi.

I am using Squeeze and I have installed compiz doing:
aptitude install compiz compizconfig-settings-manager
compiz-fusion-plugins-main compiz-gnome compiz-gtk

I have not modified anything in xorg.conf because there is no
xorg.conf, and I also read that it is not necessary to modify
anything.

I works great, but I can not use anymore the workspaces. I can add
workspaces and see how many workspaces I have in the gnome switcher. I
can also send windows to other workspaces by clicking in the title bar
"Move to another workspace". But I can not access the workspaces by
doing ctrl+alt+arrow or by clicking in the gnome-switcher. I can
access only one workspace.

Any idea of what is wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Dan