Re: Icedove can't start

On 28/05/11 14:57, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
2011-05-28 14:44, pch0317 skrev:
Icedove can't start. When I start it from terminal I get:
/usr/lib/icedove/icedove-bin: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/icedove/components/libmailcomps.so: undefined symbol:
NS_CStringContainerInit2

There are bugs reported where icedove has problems with undefined symbols (bugs 626812 and 617759). None of them with the same symbol as you report.

Both bug reports suggest starting icedove as

LD_BIND_NOW=1 icedove

from the command line, and see if that helps. None of the two bugs are marked as resolved.

Hope it helps,

/ johan

Thanks,
it helps.