Re: Using Files Without Mounting A Share From Another System

Quoting Camaleón on 2011-04-23 05:44:
> Nowadays it should handle smb:// or other network protocol just the same

Quoting Erwan David on 2011-04-23 08:48: (re: Camaleón)
> Prgrams that I know which do this (eg emacs with tramp editing) use a
> temporary copy on local file. And it is the applicaton which deals with
> this, not the OS.

This is the same method vim uses with its netrw plugin. Each app handles it
itself (as vim and emacs do) or (theoretically) uses some library to do it (as
I believe KDE does; haven't used KDE since etch)

--
 _  Brian Ryans 8B2A 54C4 E275 8CFD 8A7D 5D0B 0AD0 B014 C112 13D0     .
( ) ICQ 43190205 | Mail/Jabber/Yahoo/MSN: BrianLRyans@gmail.com      ..: