Re: repository change

On Lu, 23 mai 11, 15:28:12, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <[🔎] 20110523200459.GM11146@think.nuvreauspam>, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >You might be interested to know this
> >happens because apt will prefer the faster source for the same package,
> >since CD-ROM drives are usually faster than internet connections.
>
> I thought was just the first source listed.  I don't think APT does any timing
> calculations during an update that it uses during a download / install /
> upgrade.

You're right, I should have checked first :(

According to the manpage CD-ROMs are preferred just because apt-cdrom
(and probably the equivalent in debian-installer) is adding CD-ROM
entries first. This of course means that another solution would be to
just change the order of entries ;)

Regards,
Andrei