Re: network-manager-gnome cannot create vpn connection successfully.

On Sat, 21 May 2011 19:25:53 +0800, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:

>   When adding a new connection, everything seemed fine. But when
> connection to it, a immediate error occurred as "no valid secrets . From
> the internet, they said this is a bug of network-manager-gnome that it
> did not save the password to keyring, but asked for it when connecting.

Did you try by restarting network-manager ("/etc/init.d/network-manager
restart")? Google seems pointing to that as a workaround :-?

>   How to resolve it? I do not want to install network-manager-kde with
> so much dependencies. Can I create the connection by nmcli?
>   I am using debian sid and network-manager-gnome from experimental.

If there is a bug within NM, I guess that "nmcli" will also fail ("man
nmcli" to see the full options) so in the meantime you can use another
vpn client.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón