Re: Unable to connect using pidgin normally

On Fri, 20 May 2011 22:09:48 +0530, Damu R wrote:

> I am using pidgin-2.7.11-2 in my Debian Sid installation with Gnome3.

That's a very problematic combination of programs, you know, I would
expect problems. Sid because its own nature of being continously updated
(libraries, applications, etc.) and gnome3 because, well... because is
very recent and not all the programs has been ported/adapted yet.

> It does not go online when I change my status to Available. I have to
> disable and enable the account for the password dialog to appear. The
> status says that it is still waiting for network connection (even after
> I login to my account). Is there any way to fix the issue?

I would try to launch pidgin in debug mode (pidging -d), just in case you
can see any error in the console output.

Also, try to login into GNOME using the "fallback" mode (which does not
use the gnome-shell) and test Pidgin from there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón