Re: Does KDE 4.5 have a root Xterm?

On Wed, 18 May 2011 23:12:19 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:

> If it does I cannot find it.

If you mean a konsole shorcut that used to be launched as root (Super
user mode) it should be still there (btw, I never understood what was
this intended for, it just only saves you from typing 4 characters "su
-" :-P).

Under the classical menu, look into System or Utilities and if it's not
there anymore, you can easily add a new menu item to launch it.

> In KDE 3.5 the panel kicker has an applet called "Terminal Sessions".
> Clicking on it provided a choice of Xterms to open, including one for
> root which required the root password to open.  I can't find the
> equivalent in KDE 4.5.  Is there one?

If you looked for the applet itself, I'm not sure it has been ported to
plasma... maybe you can take a look into kde-apps¹ and search for a
plasmoid that performs the same task.

¹http://kde-apps.org/?xsection=home

Greetings,

--