Re: Problem with X

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 04:13:44PM +0100, pch0317 wrote:
> I try start X on my computer but when i type startx screen freezes.
> I can see desktop but I can't move mouse cursor nor use keyboard.
> First I installed basic debian system, then I installed xfce4.

It's possibly an issue with udev not triggering initialisation of
the input devices or some other device needed by X.  Try restarting
udev and checking the system logs.

You might want to check your system is up to date.  If it's unstable,
check if you have a /run directory and that you're using the latest
initscripts (2.88dsf-13.6), initramfs-tools (0.99) and udev.  There
was an issue with udev and /run a few weeks ago which could break
X in this manner.

Regards,
Roger

--