Re: backports updates

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 02:05:29PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> According to the backports instructions site in order to get updates in
> Lenny it's necessary to add pinning. There's another statement that
> this isn't required for Squeeze. Does Squeeze backports get updated
> along with the other repos via "apt-get update"?

My squeeze-backports priority drops to 100 without pinning, while squeeze is
990--apparently the /etc/apt/apt.conf Default-Release setting.

I believe 990 is necessary to prioritize a package above an equal version of
the target release or the installed version.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody