Re: how do i report a bug in reportbug ?

On 20110514_135701, Freeman wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 05:10:18PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > I tried to use reportbug to report a bug (wishlist) in approx.  I
> > didn't succeed because first i got a segmentation fault and on second
> > try i got floating point exception.  My computer is running Squeeze
> > i386 and so far as I know the installation is totally unexceptional
> > result of using businesscard pointed to an approx server that points
> > to ftp.us.debian.org .
> >
> > It appears to be a python problem. I don't know python at all. I have,
> > in the past, successfully followed instructions to submit debug
> > information. but debug reportbug??? I need help.
> >

> I like the gui on reportbug-ng. Speeds things up over reportbug IMHO. Also
> uses color coding nicely for clarity.
>
> Still works. :)

The situation that I was experiencing was seg fault or FP exception
during execution of reportbug with my report never being transmitted.

I discovered the problem when I was trying to report a wish that
others might consider trivial, and I have not actually found time to
revisit reporting it. I realized that some day I might actually need
help on something that was important to me, and I should prepare for
that day.

People have different perceptions of color. For me, the standard
Debian choices for ls, mutt, and aptitude, don't really work.
Without some adjustments in gnome-terminal preferences, I can not
read much important detail on the screen at all. And the changes
needed are different for each of the three. so I have four
gnome-terminal profiles, Default, aptitude, ls, and mutt. Sometimes
I pipe ls output through less just to quickly get rid of the
coloring. And, yes, it would be silly for me to advocate that
others adopt my color perception system.

Peace.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net