Re: Why my xorg started into framebuffer mode?

On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:00:45 +0800, Magicloud Magiclouds <magicloud.magiclouds@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Then I installed xorg from testing branch. With '# startx', I had
> the xterm window. But when I exited, the console turned into
> framebuffer mode. /proc/fb shows interdrmfb.
>   What happened? Did the stage with xterm also run in framebuffer mode?

    My guess would be, that videocard kernel drivers where not loaded at startup, but
they were loaded when X started. And after that console has same display resolution as X.
I think that kms is the term. Atr least it sounds like it.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee