Pseudo-Transparency

Hi -

For the longest time I've been using rxvt-unicode with the
pseudo-transparency option enabled (-tr).  Prior to that I used aterm
with a similar setting.

I recently upgraded a good chunk of the packages on my system (I run
"testing") as I do every few months to keep up-to-date.  Unfortunately
/something/ in the upgrade broke pseudo-transparency for not only
rxvt-unicode, but all terminal emulators offering this feature.

GNOME Terminal, rxvt-unicode, aterm, etc. are all affected.  When I
enable transparency, all I see is a black background, as if the root
window is just solid black (when in reality, it's an image).

I use Xfce 4[.8] as my window manager, but without the compositor
enabled.

A few bug searches on the packages providing the affected terminal
emulators and Xfce turned up nothing out of the ordinary relating to
pseudo-transparency.

Before I start diving through ChangeLog files and start submitting my
own bug reports.. does anyone else with a similar configuration suffer
from this problem?

A simple test is to install rxvt-unicode, and start it with the
following parameters:

% urxvt -bg black -fg white -tr -sh 25

If you've got a background image, the background of the terminal should
show a tinted version of it.

Here are a few version numbers:

ii  rxvt-unicode                             9.11-1
ii  xfce4                                    4.8.0.2
ii  libxfce4ui-1-0                           4.8.0-2
ii  xfce4-session                            4.8.1-2
ii  xfdesktop4                               4.8.2-1

Thanks!

- Mark

--
Mark Kamichoff