Re: How to use serial ports?

Chris Brennan kirjoitti:
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Tapio Lehtonen <tapio.lehtonen@dnainternet.net <mailto:tapio.lehtonen@dnainternet.net>> wrote:

    Did not check BIOS for port settings, I supposed ports are enabled
    since dmesg and setserial show the port.

Now I did check BIOS settings. Only one serial port was enabled, I now enabled both just for the heck of it. But I suspect the reason the one port did not work was a PCI slot using the same interrupt. I changed the interrupts and now both serial ports work, checked with kermit and gtkterm. Also getty allows logging in from ttyS0.

So thanks for suggesting checking BIOS settings.