Re: access to non-free from aptitude (continued)?

Charles Blair (c-blair@illinois.edu on 2011-05-12 10:38 -0500):
>    [Sorry, I'm using claws-mail and it doesn't seem to let
> me post follow-ups]
Are you sure? I'm using claws-mail (granted, from Wheezy, so newer than
your version) and am writing this message with "Reply to list (Ctrl+L)"

[..]
>    I tried typing "aptitude update".  Part of the output:
>
> > Ign http://debian.uchicago.edu lenny/non-free Translation-en_US
> > Ign http://debian.uchicago.edu lenny/non-free Packages/DiffIndex
> > Hit http://debian.uchicago.edu lenny/non-free Packages
>
>    However, when I start aptitude, click on "not installed
> packages," then on "editors," the only thing I see is main.
can you type in a terminal:
$ apt-cache policy emacs21-common-non-dfsg
and post the output?

Regards,
Arno