Re: Boot problem after crashed update

Jochen Schulz wrote:
[...]
Since you still have a bootable operating system, you may try the hint
at <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=626450#36>.

After taking a second look at Sven's link after lunch I discovered similar hints there as well. These hints helped to some degree - now the boot works again but when the xserver starts something breaks (probably related to the propietary NVidia driver).

C) How can I prevent getting unstable packages into my system in the
   future?

Don't add sid to your sources.list. :) And if you do: use pinning or set
your default distribution in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90local (man apt.conf,
Default-Release).

J.

That's good to know, thanks. :-)

Is there an easy way to remove all unstable packages? Otherwise I don't worry too much about the xserver issue and reinstall.

Many thanks for the help.

--
/***
  * Dipl. Ing. Simon Hoerder