Re: Access to non-free from aptitude?

On 12 May 2011 21:25, Charles Blair <c-blair@illinois.edu> wrote:
  Somewhere I read that this should be done by modifying
the /etc/apt/sources.list file.  I tried changing this to:

> deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ lenny main
> deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ lenny non-free

Hello Charles,

You can do all this on the one line, as in:

deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free

Then do:
Update
Safe-upgrade

You will have to ensure that you have saved the changes after editing the file, also, otherwise it will simply revert to it's former state, which is what sounds like is happening.

  but I'm still only seeing the stuff in main.

  The thing I'm looking for at the moment is the info pages
for emacs.

I don't know about this as I'm one of the lucky ones that uses Vim, but I should suspect that those should be in main anyway?
Regards,

Weaver.
by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.